The information below is broken up into three categories that pertain to system transactions: Position Actions, Job Action Request (JAR) Transactions, and Job Actions. Each category has supporting documentation that will assist users through the different activities they may be required to perform in the HR System.
Position actions are limited to key personnel within the college division who are qualified to manage and update position data. A centralized resource document summarizes the Manage Position module in MyPack Portal and provides job aids for system entry of the most common position actions.
Job Action Request (JAR) are limited to key personnel within the college division who are qualified to initiate, review and approve transactions. The following list identifies some of the most common JAR transactions. Click on the JAR option to see step by step instructions on how to process the transaction.
NOTE: Contact your HRIM Specialist if you have any issues processing the selected transaction.
- Processing a FLSA Nonexempt Student and/or Temporary Hire in Job Action Request (JAR)
- Processing a Waived Recruitment EHRA JAR Hire
- Processing an SHRA JAR Hire
- Processing a Faculty Summer Pre-Hire
- Processing a Promotion Action (SHRA and/or EHRA) in JAR
- Processing a Waived Recruitment JAR Promotion
Job actions are limited to key personnel within the college division who are qualified to enter the transaction directly into the HR System. A centralized resource document summarizes the Manage Job module in MyPack Portal and provides job aids for system entry of the most common job actions.
Other Reference Material
- Actions Checklist
- Appointment Guidelines for Individuals Delivering Distant Education (DE) and/or DELTA Courses
- Business Practices
- Time Reporting Codes (TRCs)
- Employee Class Values
- Pay Group Values
- Anticipated Appointment Length
- Action Reason Codes
- Job Codes & Pay Ranges for Temporary Employees and Student Workers
- Temporary Employee Category/Groups
- Salary Supplements
- Retiree Categories
- Incoming Employees with Prior State of NC Service